- As of April 14, 2017, the previously announced server transition is imminent. We are moving GISHydro2000 to a more secure online environment, a Private Virtual Computer Lab on a University of Maryland server. You will no longer be able to run GISHydro2000 at this web address. Click here for instructions to move your existing user account or create a new one.
- We are in the process of moving GISHydro2000 to a more secure online environment. As of this date (July 11, 2016) the transition has not been completed. Users are encouraged to follow the steps described in the linked document. You will be notified when the new system is ready to use, and when the current system will be shut down.
- Click here for GISHydro2000 Web Version
- Documentation for GISHydro2000 Web Version
- Contact us for access to web version
- Updated Version of the Office of Structures (OOS) "Manual for Hydrologic and Hydraulic Design" (March 15, 2010)
Version available January 8, 2011. See Updates.
Application of Hydrologic Methods in Maryland, a report prepared by the Hydrology Panel convened by the Maryland State Highway Administration and the Maryland Department of the Environment is available on the Hydrology Panel page.
GISHydro2000 is a GIS-based software
program for performing hydrologic analysis. It
consists of a database of hydrologic layers and an ArcView™
application with customized modeling tools. Some Features Include:
- Complete database of DEM, Land use, and soils data for
Maryland drainage area.
Watershed and channel delineation.
Watershed statistics (drainage area, RCN, tc, more).
Peak discharge estimates from USGS regional regression
equations (with confidence intervals).
Interface to TR-20 for subdivision, parameter calculation,
rating tables, and channel routing.