GISHydro2000 - News
|This page contains information about significant new changes or updates to the GISHydro2000 program.
- June 2010: "GISHydroNXT": A stand-alone version of GISHydro compatible with ArcGIS 9.3.1 is now available for download and trial use. This version does watershed delineation, basin statistics, peak flow estimation, and interfaces with WinTR-20. It does not do watershed subdivision or channel characteristics. That is the focus of a currently-funded project sponsered by the Maryland State Highway Administration. To access GISHydroNXT, click on the "Download" link along the left margin, register (if you haven't already) and then download/install all materials in the "GISHydroNXT Download Section". Please also see documentation describing functionality and installation for GISHydroNXT.
- January 2006: Web version of GISHydro2000 is now available. You no longer need to have GIS software or a locally installed version of GISHydro2000 to use this program. Please see "Web Version" tab at left for more information about this major new development.
- November 2005: Water Quality and Stream Biodiversity tools available. The new "DNR-Water Quality" menu choice provides PLOAD based estimates of nitrogen, phosphorus, and TSS. This menu choice also produces family and genus level estimates of expected and estimated stream biodiversity.
- May 2005: Discharge confidence interval estimates of Fixed Region Equations. The "Tasker" program has been adapted to the Fixed Region peak discharge regression equations to provide confidence interval estimates of flood frequency and to allow for USGS streamgage adjustment where appropriate.
- February 2005: Velocity Method Segment Generator Dialog Added. A new dialog has been added which allows the user to combine pixels along the longest flow path into larger segments for estimating the time of concentration. This tool allows the user to interactively adjust and refine the overall tc calculation from each of the overland, swale, and channel flow elements individually and together.